New job, new friends, new projects, new dedicationMon, Nov 3, 2014
Yes, this blog post is about me starting a new job. I have been hired as Full-stack web developer at Busbud, working of various internal apps, their api and helping them pursue their vision!
Not so long ago (1 month back) I was leaving my job at Anekdotes but don’t be mislead I took the time to ensure that where I was going to work next was really a place where I wished working for and at.
That month or two where I was “un-employed” went away SO fast. I made sure to fill them up with meeting nice people, hanging out in co-working space’s, attending events in Montreal’s tech scene and working on and MVP for a startup.
Busbud came out, compared to other contenders:
- Not too big so I would only be working on a minor part of a huge system not feeling I have any leverage
- Not too small or early stage that there was no money to spend on employees or no team to work with
- Not working in a different industry / technology where I would have needed to relearn from near zero (i.e. mobile)
- Not having a team of fresh otu-of-the-school employee who where hired because they were available not because they were talented
- Having plenty of plans for the future and a wide variety of projects / apps to work on internally
- Having a talented team of individual and being selective with their hirees
- Having gorgeous office spaces in Montreal Mile-end’s with a great view
Here starts a new chapter, ONWARD!